Saturday, May 12, 2012

Out For Some Fun

Today, I was finally able to let Friday and Sunday out in the bigger paddock. I had to encourage Friday a little bit, but once she was out she really enjoyed herself. Her front legs are still a little sore, so it was a bit of a challenge keeping up with her little one (6 days old today)!


This picture cracked me up! Sunday's legs are really long and a bit hard to control at times.


Momma didn't get to graze much. Sunday kept her on the move!


Break Time!

Friday is doing fantastic! She is feeling better every day and getting adjusted to having people around the baby.

I worked with Sunday today. She is very strong, and after several wrestling matches (which she often won!) I was able to handle her and get her halter on. She is STRONG! She is all muscle and when she pushes off with her back legs, it nearly launches us both. She finally gave up the fight and decided to lay down. While she was down, I touched her all over so she is used to having her feet, ears, mouth, and belly handled. She even fell asleep for a short while. I think she enjoys being touched and stroked. Friday wasn't happy about all of the wrestling, but she finally settled down too.

Later, when I came to check on her, she gave me a real long look and then just laid down. Could this be progress????

No comments:

Post a Comment