Smoky has recovered from all of his cold weather stiffness and we are all enjoying riding him this spring. He lost a bit of weight during the winter, despite having supplemental grain, but otherwise appears unchanged. He continues to be his same old dignified and stubborn self, never too afraid to let you know how he thinks things should go. He is 29 years old this year.
| Taking Smoky on a trail ride. |
Friday is doing fantastic and the vet told us she was good to be bred back this spring. I hope to breed her to the same stud. Dusty's Best Effort is not only handsome, but has a wonderful temperament. I have been riding Friday and working out some of her previous career (horseracing) quirks. She is doing beautifully under saddle and is so eager to please and understand. I love working with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment