Monday, March 14, 2011

Gettin Close


 It is really getting close. Friday is due on March 21st and is showing some signs of the impending delivery. She has started enlarging her udder ("bagging up" as it is called in horseman's circles). The baby has dropped and Friday is getting a little lazier. Don't get me wrong, she is still viciously kicking at other horses that get too near, but she definitely stands in one place, and for the most part, dozes.




Is that food you are getting?
 
She is also shedding her winter coat and I have been dutifully brushing her almost every day. She enjoys being groomed (her one pleasure, besides eating) and nearly falls asleep as I go about my chores. I find it very relaxing to brush her and use that time to work through issues on the job etc. I get so relaxed that I am sure that someday Audrey and Grace will come find Friday and me laying in the paddock side by side, sawing logs....


Telling her paddock mate to keep her distance



It is hard to believe we will have a little foal in the next several weeks. We watch the other mares and foals at the barn playing and I try to picture ours.


A new colt. He is too small for his legs!












Valentine and her mom


No comments:

Post a Comment